Rare Coloured Diamonds are allowable investments inside an SMSF Portfolio and offer many benefits to Trustees putting together a robust and truly diversified portfolio.
There has been a massive surge in the number of Australians setting up Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF’s) over the last decade, taking personal control of this key financial asset. Today, there are over a million SMSF’s, collectively having more than $600 billion collectively in investable funds.
Alongside the desire for transparent fund management costs and for legal control, the flexibility for people to make their own investment choices and buy into asset classes that traditional funds ignore has been a major factor in the growth of this sector.
Whilst property, equities and term deposits are the major assets that SMSF Trustees tend to invest in, diamonds are also allowable investments inside an SMSF Portfolio and offer many benefits to Trustees putting together a robust and truly diversified portfolio:
- Coloured Diamonds, particularly pink and blue diamonds, have had strong long-term returns and have outperformed all other assets in the past 20 years >
- Opportunity for long term outsized returns >
- True diversification with an asset proven to be uncorrelated to equity markets >
- Diamonds act as a hedge against a falling Australian Dollar >
- Diamonds act as a crises hedge and a hedge against inflation >
Guidelines for buying diamonds inside your SMSF >
“In a low interest rate environment, SMSF Trustees are sensibly looking at alternative assets. Fancy coloured diamonds are an attractive way to diversify and grow wealth, with a history of strong performance.
–Anna Cisecki, Executive Director, Australian Diamond Portfolio 2016
As part of your diamond investment through Australian Diamond Portfolio, we include professional third party storage, insurance, and valuations with each diamond purchased for both SMSF and private investors >